30 August, 2008

Marisa Mell-Jess Franco-Giulio Petroni Collaboration


Giulio Petroni, director of DEATH RIDES A HORSE, TEPEPA and L'OSCENO DESIDERIO...

I'm looking a for a video/DVD-R copy of Giulio Petroni's 1978 L'OSCENO DESIDERIO/POSEIDA, which is an "EXORCIST rip-off" [according to OBSESSION: THE FILMS OF JESS FRANCO] featuring the late Marisa Mell (DIABOLIK), Chris Avram (BAY OF BLOOD), Victor Israel (THE WITCHES MOUNTAIN), Lou Castel (A BULLET FOR THE GENERAL) and Jack Taylor (FEMALE VAMPIRE). I'm mainly interested in it because the music score was composed by Jess Franco. I'm wondering if it's a reprise of the cues he created for some of his own films or an original composition. Also, I can't resist being curious about a film which brings together such an interesting collection of European Trash Cinema luminaries!

If anyone has seen this and can report on the score or the film itself please post your comments below or contact me at monell579@hotmail.com. I would be willing to offer something in trade on video or DVD from my extensive collection.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Robert,
I only have a composite of around 30' of L'OSCENO DESIDERIO, which I tried to obtain unsuccessfully sometime ago. It is the Italian print. Sadly the title credits are not complete but according to Delirium (Media Pub.) the score was composed by Carlo Savina and only the Spanish print credits the music to Jess Franco. In that composite I could hear pretty long musical cues that doesn't sound like Jess Franco to me. In fact they sound too conventional and uninspired.

Curiously, Carlo Savina composed the score for Franco's LA NOCHE DE LOS ASESINOS.

Of course I can get you a copy if still interested.

AleXz

Robert Monell said...

Thanks for the information, AleXz. I know that Savina's music in LA NOCHE DE LOS ASESINO'S was used before in Margheriti's 1969 LA CONTRANATURA. His cues are often recycled for subsequent Italian/Spanish films of that period. I'd really like to know if the Spanish version has actual Franco music on it, sometimes the Spanish version of genre films differ significantly from the Italians. Thanks for you offer!

Douglas A. Waltz said...

Robert,

Have you tried Craig's site at Eurotrash Cinema? www.eurotrashcinema.com
Dude, he's got it all.
Good luck with your search. And you need to get back to me on that stuff I am supposed to be taking care of for you.

Robert Monell said...

Thanks, Doug. Yes, I will soon. Do you have THE DEMONS KULT DVD set?

ledster said...

Hell Robert, of course I have the film!

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is a link to a great DVD-R company with a lot great stuff, good quality and they are dead cheap and the best of all shipment is free wherever you live in the world!
This is the link to your film if you not already have it:

http://zddvisualmedia.com/index.php?a=902&id=11707

www.marisa-mell.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

VSOM has a subtitled version. It doesn't say the language (it stays Italian production with English subtitles) and credits Franco with the score.